Today's Work: I finally got to test the first of my changes, after spending the morning working with Paul to get my laptop up to the security standards. He said it's passable now. The changes I made seemed to work pretty well, once I fixed a small mistake I'd made. When inserting nodes into a queue, I need to make the next pointer of the tail point to the new node, AND move the tail pointer to the new node, rather than leaving it pointed at the head. Oops. Didn't take me too long to track down when it kept crashing, all things considered. And that's why I don't believe in sanity checking... had it not been for the null pointer accesses, I'd never have found the error.
And I'm finally done with my online dealings for the evening. I can finally do something else. Like sleep.