Log in

No account? Create an account

continue; | break;

At least some of the testing looked good

Today's Bridge: Kevin and I led a shutout. Dan C. started with a 2C opener that he fudged a bit, which I've done before, but then he bid pretty aggressively and they ended up in 4S off two. Kevin declared a pair of 3NTs, and then I got Staymaned into 4H, followed with 3C with an overtrick despite no support from my partner - I had S A-Q-x-x-x H A-Q D x-x C A-Q-x-x, so I opened 1S, Dan balanced with 2H, and I bid 3C. Kevin chose clubs with S K-J-x H 10-x-x D x-x-x C 10-x-x-x, figuring that the spade power would be more useful once I'd pulled trump. Even better, Paul led his singleton jack of trump and Dan covered with the king, leaving me two top clubs. I crossed to the ten just to confirm the split, then finessed the queen of hearts, which lost. Paul understandably switched to a spade, so I went up with the king and ran the jack, on which Dan sluffed a heart. I led the last spade, and Dan ruffed in and led a heart to my ace. All I needed to do was cash the queen of clubs to pull Dan's last club, sluff two diamonds on the remaining spades, and give up one diamond. The opponents declared the final hand, and I think we only set them one, but it was a low-level contract, so it wasn't guaranteed. I think it was a sacrifice 3 because we were at game in 2 of something.

Otherwise, today was a pretty weird day. I got up early so I'd have time to inspect my tires, but I found them all to be at adequate pressure - one of the valve stem caps was broken, though. So I replaced it with a spare that I happened to have, and the tire light didn't come back on. At work, I finished getting things set up for testing, but the devices weren't quite configured to be testable, and I saw some weird things happen that I can't easily explain. Also, while I was plugging in my laptop for testing, I accidentally got my finger between the plug and the socket while reaching into the equipment rack and got a nasty shock. Various parts of me were pretty tingly for a while after that, but it's almost completely gone now. I was worried for a while, but I conducted the evening normally, including dinner at Taco Bell. Normality ended there. It took twenty minutes for them to deliver my order, and when they did, it was actually a drive-thru order they gave me by mistake. They took it back and handed it out the window. Then they finally handed me a giant bag of food, which had part of my order and another drive-thru order. I went through the contents of the bag and found some of my items, but I'd ordered a Double Decker Taco and a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, which are respectively a tortilla and beans wrapped around a taco and a gordita shell and cheese wrapped around a taco. They'd managed to wrap the gordita around the double decker taco, making a sort of mutant triple decker taco. I requested the Cheesy Gordita Crunch be remade, and almost forgot my drink in the confusion. When I got home, I found mold in the sour cream and had to go out and buy a new container. Then I discovered that the regular taco that was part of my order was actually meant to be the inside of the Cheesy Gordita Crunch.


Yes, I'm THAT Nidoking. Sometimes I write fanfiction... often I waste all my time playing video games and watching anime. But it's not a waste if I enjoy it, right? I can quote from a movie, video game, anime series, or British comedy apropos of just about any situation, and one of my main goals in life is to entertain people. (The other big one is amassing as much anime and manga as I can... see below for a progress report.) That's me in a nutshell. ("Help! I'm trapped in a nutshell! What a bloody great nutshell this is!")
Powered by LiveJournal.com